Key locking Inserts can be installed easily.
1. Drill out old or damaged threads using a tap drill .
2. Countersink at 90- 120°.
3. Tap new threads with a standard tap drill.
4. Screw in an insert 0.5-1mm below the surface. For Miniature Keylocking Inserts, use installation tool.
5. Drive locking keys down with several light hammer taps on a proper installation tool. For Miniature Keylocking Inserts, use installation tool.
Note : For small size, screw the Keylocking Insert by inserting a bar between the keys. In that cases, ensure that the keys do not receive excess load, which can cause breakage of the keys.
Keylocking Inserts can be removed without damage to the parent material.
１. Drill out the insert to the size and depth
2. Bend the keys down and break them off.
3. Remove the insert using a screw extractor or similar tool.
4. Screw a replacement insert into the original hole. Recommended Drill & Tap Sizes for Installation and Removal.