Key locking thread inserts are available in carbon and stainless steel, both inch and metric series, and are supplied in Thin wall, Heavy Duty styles. Featuring a key-locking action that prevents rotation due to vibration or torsion .
• Installed with standard drills and taps
• Easy installation and to remove
• May be used in a variety of materials: aluminum, magnesium, cold rolled steel
• Passivated to enhance corrosion-resistance and finish
• Counter bored internal thread on Inch Series ; counter sunk internal thread on Metric Series
• Trucks, RVs
• Machinery, Small Engines
• Molds, Tool and Die
• MRO Tasks
Key locking Threaded Insert Installation:
1) Drill with a standard tap drill and countersink with a standard 82° - 100° countersink
(90° for Miniature Inserts). Note: Drill is oversize see charts for proper dimensions.
2) Tap new threads with a standard tap. Note: See charts for proper size and depth.
3) Screw in the insert until it is .010-.030 (.005-.015 for Miniature Inserts) below the surface.
Keys locate the proper depth.
4) Drive keys down with several hammer taps on the proper installation tool.
5) Properly installed insert.
Keylocking Threaded Insert Remove:
If necessary, FYS Key locking Inserts can be removed without damage to the parent material:
1) Drill out material between keys and internal thread with a standard drill to specified depth (refer to charts for proper size and depth).
2) Bend the keys inward and break off.
3) Remove the old insert using a screw extractor or similar device.
4) Install a replacement insert into the original tapped hole and drive keys down.
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A1: We are manufacturer since 2004 in Shen zhen ,China .
Q2: Do you have stock for items ?
A2: Yes , most of items are in stock for shippment .
Q3: How long is your delivery time?
A3: Generally it is 1day for stock item,10-15 days for custom items or big quantity over 50000 pcs .
Q4: Can you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A4: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q5. What about the payment terms?
A5: Generally 100% T/T in advance before shippment or mass production ,and we can also consult according to your requirement.
Q6: What's your advantage?
A6: The competitive prices, fast delivery and high quality. responsible-oriented employees strict tolerance, smooth finish and long- life performance.
Q7: What are your machining equipment?
A7: CNC milling machines, CNC turning machines, stamping machines,grinding machines,automatic lathe machines, tapping machines, grinding machines,screw machines, cutting machines and so on.
Q8: How to guarantee the Quality of Industrial Parts?
A8: We have been in fastener field over 15 years with full experience. And there are 5 checks in the whole processing, We have IQC (incoming quality control), IPQCS (in process quality control section), FQC (final quality control) and OQC (out-going quality control) to control each process of industrial parts production.