As an industry leader, Key locking threaded insert products are widely used in many markets throughout the world. Threaded inserts are used in military vehicles and aircraft as well as by NASA to explore space. Threaded insert products are used extensively in original equipment to strengthen holding power of threads in softer base materials such as aluminum and magnesium. Also, our threaded inserts are used for thread repair to replace stripped or damaged threads.
Below are the ways for how to install and remove keylocking thread insert .
1.Keylocking Threaded Insert Installation
1) Drill with a standard tap drill and countersink with a standard 82° - 100° countersink (90° for Miniature Inserts). Note: Drill is oversize see charts for proper dimensions.
2) Tap new threads with a standard tap. Note: See charts for proper size and depth.
3) Screw in the insert until it is .010-.030 (.005-.015 for Miniature Inserts) below the surface. Keys locate the proper depth.
4) Drive keys down with several hammer taps on the proper installation tool.
5) Properly installed insert.
2.Keylocking Threaded Insert Remove
If necessary, Keylocking Inserts can be removed without damage to the parent material:
1) Drill out material between keys and internal thread with a standard drill to specified depth (refer to charts for proper size and depth).
2) Bend the keys inward and break off.
3) Remove the old insert using a screw extractor or similar device.
4) Install a replacement insert into the original tapped hole and drive keys down.